Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Miami Ad School

I was an instructor at the Miami Ad School the first 6 years it was open. It was an exciting time full of extremely talented students. Most of my students now have great careers at the top agencies around the country including – Bobby Appleby at Fallon, Lynn Sarnow-Born at CP+B, and Miguel Caballero at DDB.

Today the Miami Ad School has new partners and has branched out all over the world. It now boasts having schools in Berlin, Hamburg, Minneapolis, San Francisco, San Paulo and Madrid.

One year, I talked the owners Ron and Pippa Seichrist into letting me create some ads for the school. The campaign was a conceptual parody of the art school ads one might find in the back of a 50's magazine. The ads ran Miami's New Times and got quite a response. They also cleaned up at the award shows that year. Rob Stewart and myself shared the writing duty.